Monday, December 20, 2010

Humble beginnings


Friends, comrades, countrymen, today is a grand day, for today is the start of a new blog about revolution, justice, and, most importantly: Captain Saki Shimizu.

This blog will be about various things, all of which will, in some capacity, center around Saki Shimizu. There will be comments and things about recent developments with Berryz Koubou as well as discussions of things like the inter-workings of the Captainism, the Captainist Party, and there will probably be references to the Church of Maasa too.

I guess now is as good a time as any to recount how some of this came to be. A long time ago, in Captain’s thread on Hello! Online (read: 4 November, 2008), there was a discussion of two topics: Captain deserving a photobook and the graduation of the Elders’ Club. The latter led to Sougisou stating that Captain should be nominated as the leader of H!P and that all of the girls deserve a photobook (equal pay for equal work).

Demonstrating the call for equality, he added in the following poster (later dubbed “The Hello! Land Calls!”)

Immediately ensuing, I declared my own allegiance to the Captainist Party of Hello! Online.

And so, be on the lookout. Almost everything I post here will have in it some reference to something – most typically some historical figure or event related to the Cold War.

It was thanks to the suggestion of Quaestor of the Maasa thread (and the added encouragement from Dran) that I created this blog.

It’s also my intention to add new writers soon so there is more variation in the posts and things.

Besides, privatizing a blog like this just won’t do. I'm not Blanqui.

3 comments:

  1. My head totally hurts from the red colored font but nonetheless, I am happy to see you've made the blog. I've opened a blog to follow you and Dran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, sir.

    I'll change the color of the text for you then. Make sure to let me know how it looks. I can't tell how bad the contrast is because I'm on a notebook (so the screen is really close to my face).

    ReplyDelete