Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Going Batty

A few minutes ago, I finally watched the Berryz Koubou movie "Promise Land ~Clovers no Daibouken~"

Have I ever been missing out. I feel like Ho Chi Minh did when he first read the works of Lenin... except instead of wanting to quote it to a large group of my countrymen, I just want to talk about how much I liked it and demand you all to watch it.


It's several years old, and so everyone shown was quite a bit younger than today.
I had forgotten how cute Miyabi, Momoko, and Chinami were at that age (Chinami was especially cute here).

But, of course, the real star for me was Captain. Those who have seen me comment on a picture or video of tiny Captain know that I already find any footage of her from back then to be crazily cute.
Then they managed to even trump that and they gave her bat ears!

(Gif created by Oroboras of H!O)



(Apologies to those with slow connections. I can't figure out how to make these thumbnails or how to get multiple pictures on one line.)

As an aside, I love Momoko's pissed off face.







Even back then, Captain was a master of conveying emotions on her face. Whenever her character was sad or upset, I could really feel it. When her character was happy, I couldn't help but smile back.
Coincidentally, her character was my favorite too. Even going beyond the obvious reasons, throughout the whole movie, I just really wanted to give the poor girl a hug.

This was my first actual experience seeing Captain act. She's a very good actress. I would love to see her do more acting, even more than before.



For those who haven't seen it, here it is on youtube with English subtitles.
(Subbed by KIDS Subs. Remember, if it ain't KIDS, it's time to get rids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment